References, further reading, and links to useful websites.
References and further reading:
- Using ramps for fish passage past small barriers
- Successful fish passage past weirs
- Whitebait can't jump
- Fish-friendly floodgates ready to go
- The long and the short of it: looking after the needs of native eels
- Kim, J. P. 1995. Methylmercury in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) from Lakes Okareka, Okaro, Rotomahana, Rotorua and Tarawera, North Island, New Zealand. Science of the Total Environment 164(3): 209-219.
- McDowall, R. M. 1995. Seasonal pulses in migrations of New Zealand diadromous fish and the potential impacts of river mouth closure. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 29: 517-526.
- Richardson, J., Boubée, J. A. T., West, D. W. 1994. Thermal tolerance and preference of some native New Zealand freshwater fish. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 28: 399-407.
- Rowe, D.K. 1987. Fish: Survey, fishery problems and management. In: Lake managers handbook. Vant, W. N (ed). Water and Soil Miscellaneous Publication No 103.
- Vant, W.N. 1987. Public health: Microorganisms and toxic substances. In: Lake managers handbook. Vant, W. N (ed). Water and Soil Miscellaneous Publication No 103.
- Timperley, M. H., Hill, L. F. 1997. Discharge of mercury from the Wairakei geothermal power station to the Waikato River, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 31(3): 327-336.