References, further reading, and links to useful websites.
References and further reading:
- Arkoosh, M. R., Casillas, E., Clemons, E., Kagley, A. N., Olson, R., Reno, P., Stein, J. E. 1998. Effect of pollution on fish diseases: potential impacts on Salmonid populations. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 10: 182–190.
- Ballantine, D. J., Tanner, C. C. 2010. Substrate and filter materials to enhance phosphorus removal in constructed wetlands treating diffuse farm runoff: A review. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 53:71-95.
- Collins, R., Mcleod, M., Hedley, M., Donnison, A., Close, M., Hanly, J., Horne, D., Ross, C., Davies –Colley, R., Bagshaw, C., Matthews, L. 2007. Best management practices to mitigate faecal contamination by livestock of New Zealand waters. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 50: 267–278.
- Davies-Colley, R. J., Nagels, J. W., Smith, R. A., Young, R. G., Phillips, C. J. 2004. Water quality impact of a dairy cow herd crossing a stream. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 38: 569-576.
- Di, H. J., Cameron, K. C. 2003. Mitigation of nitrous oxide emissions in spray-irrigated grazed grassland by treating the soil with dicyandiamide, a nitrification inhibitor. Soil Use and Management 19(4): 284-290.
- McKergow, L. A., Tanner, C. C., Monaghan, R. 2008. Attenuation toolbox for pastoral agriculture: selecting the right tool for the job. Proceedings of the 21st Annual Fertilizer and Lime Research Centre Workshop: Carbon and Nutrient Management in Agriculture, 13-14 Feb 2008. Currie, L. D., Yates, L. J. (eds.), Occasional Report No. 21, Fertilizer and Lime Research Centre, Massey University, Palmerston North, NZ. Pp. 479-494
- McLenaghen, R.D., Cameron, K. C., Lampkin, N. H., Daly, M. L., Deo, B. 1996. Nitrate leaching from ploughed pasture and the effectiveness of winter catch crops in reducing leaching losses. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 39: 413-420.
- Monaghan, R. M., Wilcock, R. J., Smith, L. C., Tikkisetty, B., Thorrold, B. S., Costall, D. 2007. Linkages between land management activities and water quality in an intensively farmed catchment in southern new Zealand. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 118: 211–222.
- Parkyn, S. M. et al. 2003. Planted riparian buffer zones in New Zealand: do they live up to expectations? Restoration Ecology 11(4): 436-447.
- Parkyn, S. (2004). Review of riparian buffer zone effectiveness. MAF Technical Paper No: 2004/05.
- Quinn, J. M. 2000. Effects of pastoral development. In: Collier, K. J., Winterbourn, M. J. (Eds). New Zealand stream invertebrates: ecology and implications for management. New Zealand Limnological Society, Christchurch. The Caxton Press. Pp. 208-229.
- Rowe, D. K., Dean, T. L. 1998. Effects of turbidity on the feeding ability of the juvenile migrant stage of six new Zealand freshwater fish species. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 32: 21-29.
- Tanner, C. C., Sukias, J. P. S. 2011. Multi-year nutrient removal performance of three constructed wetlands intercepting drainage flows from grazed pastures. Journal of Environmental Quality 40:
- Wilcock, R. J., Monaghan, R. M., Thorrold, B. S., Meredith, A. S., Betteridge, K., Duncan, M. J. 2007. Land-water interactions in five contrasting dairying catchments: issues and solutions. Land Use and Water Resources Research 7: 2.1-2.10.
- For more info specifically related to deer Best Management Practises (BMP) refer to: New Zealand Deer Industry. 2003. The New Zealand Deer Farmers Landcare Manual.
- Situation and Outlook for New Zealand Agriculture and Forestry (SONZAF)
- Best Management Guidelines for Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture (1997), MAF Policy Technical Paper No 00/05
- Beef New Zealand
This page has been marked as archived, and is here for historical reference only.
Information provided may be out of date, and you are advised to check for newer sources in this section.
This content may be removed at a later date.