NIWA has a range of services and research capabilities to assist with assessing and managing the effects of stormwater and urban development on streams, estuaries and harbours.
View the following video about NIWA's work to develop water-sensitive design for urban communities.
Other projects include:
- Urban hydrological monitoring (stormwater and streams).
- Characterising stormwater quality.
- Assessing the performance of stormwater treatment.
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on stormwater.
- Modelling for stormwater management.
- Development of a tool for assessing urban impacts on the environmental, social, economic and cultural values of water bodies.