Services and data
NIWA’s work in atmosphere and climate includes research and consultancy on the physical and chemical processes affecting the atmosphere and climate, including global effects, stratospheric research, air quality and interactions with the surface and oceans.
Our work ranges from local to national to global effects and from ground and sea level up to the stratosphere. We offer a wide range of services:
- gas sampling and analysis using gas chromatography and mass spectroscopy
- air quality monitoring, vehicle emissions measurements and human exposure measurements.
- identifying and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions
- data concerning the chemical composition of the troposphere and stratosphere via our anonymous FTP site
- remote sensing of trace gases (LIDAR, FTIR etc)
- consultancy for national and local government agencies (as well as other organisations) on trace gas emissions, air quality and measurement techniques.